Friday, February 8, 2008

Beijing China

Today I am dealing with filling out a long visa application to enter China.
No, I have not been convicted of a crime in China
No, I have not been convicted of a crime in the USA

I have to go get a passport photo taken to include in my application.
Then I have to Fedex off my Application, Passport, and new photo so that it can be processed.
My flight to China is going to be LONNNNGGG!
I leave Greensboro at 6:00 am on the 24th Sunday, and land in Dulles (IAD) at 7:10 am
Then I fly to Tokyo Japan at 11:20 am and that flight is 6752 miles landing in Tokyo at 3:25 pm the next day. After being on a plane for 14 hours and 5 minutes, I have 2 hours to find my gate to Beijing and leave at 5:25 to fly to Beijing which is another 4 hours and 5 minutes (what's with the 5 minutes?) and finally land in Beijing (PEK) at 5:25 pm on the 25th. 
I know I am going to be just wrecked... but it will be exciting to see everyone in China!
Currently it is 11:55 am here in Greensboro, and 12:55 am in Beijing.
The time change is going to be hard to deal with for sure... but we have a few days before setup to get accustomed and do some sightseeing. Rick has already arranged for a guide, and we are going to see the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. I am sure there will be a ton of other stuff as well.
Without a doubt.. we are going to look like the Griswalds in China. National Lampoons Chinese Vacation.
The flight back is going to be even longer! Tuesday March 4th, I leave Beijing at 8:45 am and Fly back to Tokyo Japan. 3 hours and 15 minutes 1329 miles landing at 1:00 pm. 4 hours later at 5:05 pm I fly 5,124 miles from Tokyo to San Francisco arriving at 9:10 am on March 4th, 8 hours earlier than I took off. Then I sit around San Francisco till 1:00 pm and fly to Charlotte NC arriving at 8:52 pm. Then finally.. the last 82 miles to Greensboro leaving at 10:30 pm and landing in Greensboro at 11:17 PM  on March 4th.
17,151 miles in one show. Now thats what I call some bonus miles.




No comments: