Friday, July 23, 2010


I am wondering when the day will come when my body becomes like my father's and my internal alarm clock will start waking me up at 4:00 am naturally. It certainly isn't now... that is for sure.
My alarm went off at 3:30 am and I got up and headed to the airport. I was hauling a lot of luggage this time. My suitcase, my computer bag, a Pelican case with a telephone interface, a Pelican case with a DVCAM deck, another Pelican with my recorders and other miscellaneous audio stuff in it, and my Camera Bag. 6 Bags in total to haul around the country. They weighed well over 175 lbs. Fortunately, Allen got up at 3:30 am to give me a ride to the airport so I didn't have to fight parking and hauling all this stuff onto the shuttle buses.

Taking advantage of Continental airlines joining the Star Alliance, I got on the plane and remembered how much I like United's economy plus seating. 5 Inches of leg room in Economy Plus = Your knees not getting mashed when the person in front of you reclines their chair.
Sacramento to Houston, and then Houston to Boston with an hour ground stop delay, I finally arrived in Boston and gathered my entourage of road cases together and hailed a cab. I checked into the hotel and grabbed my camera and wandered off around Quincy Market. I went to this fountain that we shot last time we were here and tried to get a good capture of it again. My first time shooting it produced less than good results so I thought I would take another stab at it.

Boston Fountain

Quincy Market 2

Quincy Market 1

I had about 2 hours to walk around and grab a bite to eat before I was tired and went to bed. Thursday we loaded in and worked till about 6:30 pm and grabbed a quick dinner with the producer of the show, Josh. He is a super cool guy and I really enjoy working with him. He is totally laid back and just really nice to be around.

Show call was 6:30 am this morning and the show pretty much goes all day followed by the strike. Tonight I have to move to the Marriot out by the airport and then fly out first thing in the morning to Denver.

No comments: