Monday, March 3, 2008

Tailor Time!

We went to a market where there is just a ton of clothiers.
The 5th floor had bolts and bolts of fabric everywhere. We negotiated a price for some suits and sport jackets, and we were just about to shake on the deal when Tamara waltzed in. She immediately went to work on them and saved us a ton of money! We ended up buying wool/cashmere blend suits that you would see for about $1000.00 in Brooks Brothers or Johnston Murphy, Custom tailored for each of us, all for 800 rmb. That translates into about $114.00 USD it really was crazy. These people will take your order and measurements at 8:00 pm, and deliver the suit to your hotel room 35 minutes away and do a fitting for you to ensure that it fits perfect, by 10:00 am the next morning! All for $114.00
I don't even know what to say about that... except for THANK YOU Tamara!

Rob got a couple of really cool Chinese style sport coats with the turned up straight collars. He will be rolling Big Daddy style when he goes out in LA with those on!

Rick got a Suit and 3 Sport coats all wool cashmere 180s blend for about $350.00 and you could tell he was a happy man!

We finished our suit shopping, and went to a Tapas resturaunt called Mare. The food was good, and the conversation was excellent as well as the company... We were all so tired, we hopped in cabs and took off back to our respective hotels, where Rick and I finished off a great evening with a Chinese Beer and a Glenmorangie Scotch. 
I took a car from the hotel to the airport at 5:30 am this morning. It was an Audi with Leather interior, so, I wasn't complaining for sure. Hopped on a flight and I am now sitting in the ANA club in Narita Japan. Surfing free Internet and eating free food. Again.. I can't complain.

the next flight is pretty long, Japan to San Francisco, so I intend to spend a lot of time editing all the photos that I took this trip so I can upload them to the website once I get home. I have uploaded some of the photos to my website in a low rez format because the internet connection was so bad at the Shangri La. 
Here is the link to those.

Thanks to those of you who posted comments on the blog. It is nice to know someone is reading it out there!

No comments: