Thursday, December 13, 2007

Talk about Last Minute

So, the Day went fine... Back to back sessions from 7:30 am to 3:30pm. Everyone was happy... Rooms were getting struck by the locals. The producer was telling me to head out for the day so as not to go into OT. The lighting guy ducked into my room to turn out the lights for the day, and he came running out yelling... "They need an AV guy in there" So I go back into the room to find about 20 people milling around. This lady was standing at the tech table and was waiting for me when I got there. I asked her if she had a rehearsal and she looked at me blankly and said, "No, a meeting" All the gear was fired down... packed up and put away for the night. I smiled, and said no problem. Then kicked it into overdrive to get everything fired back up.
The Producer came in and I told him I needed an audio guy. My buddy Rob was there and suggested that I do audio and he run graphics. Problem solved.
So, here we sit earning some last minute Overtime, and getting paid to blog!

Here is Rob Surfin the Net

No comments: