Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Waiting for work

This business is really weird. Currently, I have no work booked at all. Granted it is Christmas, and there are really no shows going on, so that is not surprising, but nothing booked for 2008 yet at all.
I am waiting on an email that may turn into some work the first couple weeks of January. If that happens, I will be set for the month. One email is the difference between making a living or not.
You would think that would be too stressful to really continue being a freelancer.

But the history is proof. This past year, which was my first year of freelancing, I worked 28 shows. A total of 141 days on the road. I was able to make about the same amount of money that I did working in Seattle in a full time position for about 240 days a year, somewhere between 40 and 55 hours a week.
In 2008, it will be interesting to see how the year pans out. I have made a few new contacts and hopefully, they will book me on some shows.

No comments: