Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Orlando FL America's Play Ground

Ah Yes, Orlando. Big big hair and make-up applied with a trowel the size of a snow shovel. The smell of people-fat and insecticide. Not enough beer and the world to make Orlando look good in bed. This is Scotty's synopsis of this town, and I couldn't agree more! I got down here on Sunday bright and early... 9:00 am flight, on the Florida soil by 11:15, and a driver standing at the baggage claim escalator with my name on a sign to take me off to the hotel so I can start working. 12:15 PM.... Ready to work.. but there is another group in the room, so we grabbed some lunch and payed 20 bucks for a Club Sandwich. Welcome to Disney World. 
3:00 PM, Meet to unload the truck and find out that 9:30 PM is more likely, because thats when the existing convention is going to load out. Time to get some food, watch the Giants win over Green Bay and get a nice night sleep for a 6:00 AM wake up call. 
4:00 AM... Still laying here in the dark wide awake... haven't gotten a wink of sleep. Alarms are set for 6:00 AM. I am totally in trouble. 
1.5 hours of sleep, and 30 minutes of hitting the snooze button... I feel like I am going to drop. We unloaded the truck and did the setup, and all I want to do is get to my bed. The setup and rehearsals finally ended at 9:00 PM and we grabbed the last bit of food off the clients dinner. Time to sleep (with a little help from Advil PM to make sure it works this time)

No comments: