Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Load Out

So, the Band finished playing around 9:30 pm and we struck like mad.
The push to the truck wasn't bad, but the truck had two shows of gear in it. I ended up being the guy in the truck playing three dimensional Tetris. I was packing it floor to ceiling stuffing cases in every whole as tight as I could get it. The end of the truck was coming up fast and there was still a ton of cases sitting out there. Long story short.... there was no more room for even another piece of a cart in there. We finished the load out around 1:00 am and then I left the hotel on a 6:00 am shuttle to the airport. A very short night of sleep for me. Good news... I slept solidly on the plane, and got home right on time. Slept for a few hours in the afternoon, and life was good.
 

No comments: