Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I had a good time at Disney... No Really.. I did!

My friends sister is the manager of this dueling piano bar called Jellyrolls. I was really REALLY skeptical. Dueling Pianos???? The Fabulous Baker Boys came to mind.. but the chances that Michelle Pheifer was going to be laying across the pianos was probably not going to happen! I got off work at 5:00 and chilled in the room for a little while till I got hungry. I called Matt and he was already over hanging out at the Piano bar, so I grabbed a cab... 2 miles = 16 bucks.
I showed up VIP Style with my name on the guest list at the door, Thanks Matt... And they don't start till 8:00 PM. I am starving. I walked down the boardwalk and found a little pizza vendor. Two slices and a soda for $9.50 Thats cool.. I thought I was going to have to spend $30.00 at the ESPN zone and take an hour. 
I go back to hang out with Matt, and meet his sister Vanice. She is super sweet... just a really nice girl. She introduces us to one of the piano players Mike, and he is about the nicest guy you ever met. He tells us that " it is SO GREAT to Meet you!!!!" I was like... whoa... easy tiger... 
anyway.. the deal at the Jellyroll is that they do the entire show based on Audience requests. And you can request anything. By the time the second set happened and the booze was taking it's effect... The place was slammin, and packed to the gills. I have never laughed so hard listening to piano players, but these guys were rockin! They were entirely hysterical in their banter with each other and the audience, and they handled just about every request that they got. Everything from Neil Diamond's Cherry Cherry (complete with a gravely Neil D. Voice) to GnR's Sweet Child of mine, Meatloaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light, but the epic was Queen's  Bohemian Rhapsody.... well.. maybe it was Sir Mix a Lot's Baby got Back! I don't think I am doing a good job conveying how amazing this show was. But if you can imagine two dudes on stage jamming out hits on Pianos, beatboxing and cranking out.. "I like Big Butts and I can not lie" With 400 people singing along at the top of our lungs... You might get a little bit of a picture of this show. Anyway.. I highly recommend Jellyrolls if you are stuck at Disney. It was the first time I have been here and actually had a good time.. no.. A GREAT time. Here is just a little sample of the show.


 

No comments: