Friday, January 9, 2009

Ron the Trumpeter

I hadn't gotten my shot for today so I dragged Allen into downtown Sacramento about 25 minutes from home to find a shot.
He was not too happy about it and I can hardly blame him. When he asked what I was looking to shoot, all I could tell him was that I would know it when I saw it.
Funny thing was.. I didn't see any of it.
Finally I spotted a building that was lit very nicely and I thought I may have found my shot! Then I realized that it was a restaurant, and not only a restaurant, but a chain restaurant too.
Well, we shot it for a few minutes, and then started to wander around a little looking for other shots.
It was then that I heard the sound of a trumpet down the street and around the corner.
I wandered over there and met Ron. Ron was playing his horn in the entrance of the parking garage because it had a ton of reverb in there.
I asked him if I could take his photo, and he laughed a little... asked me why I wanted it, and then said.. "Well, OK"

Ron was a talker, Allen showed up a little while later and we both patiently listened to Ron ramble a bit.
We said good night to him and slipped him 10 bucks and off we went.
I liked Ron... he was a pretty nice guy.

Ron The Trumpeteer

Ron the Trumpeteer HDR1

No comments: