Friday, May 8, 2009

A little catch up on the old blog

So, life in the corporate theater has been slow. It has now turned into, try to keep busy doing something, and maybe make a little coin along the way. So, here is what has been going on in my world.

After Easy's Memorial Service, I processed the shots that I took of Bev, her daughter and son. Here are a couple of those.
Bev and Ryan

IMG_8302

EZ's Flag copy

I met with Bev and Lisa on Wednesday and gave them copies of the photos, and laughed a bit, listened a lot, and just let them talk about how much they missed Easy and how they were coping with everything. We went to KFC and got some free chicken dinners courtesy of Oprah, and her coupons. It was really nice to connect with these people.


I sold a photo of Paris at the coffee shop about 2 days after I put it up, so that was very exciting. This is the shot.
\Paris City Shot 4.jpg

Louie the owner of the coffee shop called me and told me about a guy who owns a high end auto shop. Louie wasn't sure exactly what was needed, but he told me that the guy was interested. I went over and talked to him about photography and he wanted some stuff to hang on his walls in the waiting room.

We talked a bit more and I ended up shoot one of his client's cars. It was a classic Porche 911 Targa. The shots came out really cool, and I got paid for them. So, that was a really good surprise. The owner Rafael said that he would have some more projects for me in the next couple of weeks.

Porche 8

Porche 3


Porche 2

Tuesday I am heading to Antwerp Belgium through Sunday. I am excited to get out there and do some work, as well as maybe have an opportunity to take some cool photos!

I also built a website for The Cellar Wine and Cheese bar last week. It came out quite nicely and they were very happy.
You can check it out at: http://thecellarwinebar.com

I also met the owner of a classic Cobra at Mooneys this week and after chatting with him, he said that he wanted me to shoot his car collection, which consists of the Cobra, a 1957 T-bird, a 1960's Pontiac GTO, and a classic Harley Davidson Shovelhead.

To wrap up my little update, I am supposed to shoot a 2009 Corvette tomorrow if the weather holds out, and the guy who owns this is the guy who bought two of my images from the coffee shop. He also sings in a choir for a church in Sacramento and has talked to the Director there about having me shoot the choir.

So, all in all, I have been keep busy with a lot of little things which is better then being completely bored in between shows.
Thats all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments: