Sunday, May 10, 2009

A really fun gig

My friend Louie over at the coffee shop recommended me to the owner of a comedy club in Old Sacramento.
I was excited about this for two reasons. The first being, a new client pretty much just handed to me, and the Second reason is that this is my first restaurant in Sacramento. I have been getting close to hitting the Downtown Sac restaurants, but just hadn't gone there yet.

I made arrangements to go down to the club yesterday. They opened at 1:00 pm and the show started at 8:00 pm.
Fortunately, there were not many people at the bar when I arrived there, so I was able to work around them and shoot the place during business hours.
After shooting and processing about 8 photos, I then had to wait till almost 8:00 pm for the owner to arrive. Allen was driving a Limo gig, and he had dropped his clients off at their destination, so, he told me he was going to pick me up.

I went outside and this huge white limo arrived. It was kinda fun. Who would have thought I would get limo service to get a slice of pizza?

I went back to the club just as the show was about to start and met the owner, he was really cool. I showed him the images I had created of his place and he loved them.
I agreed to go into the show room and shoot some more during the show, and even though it was almost black in the audience area, I was able to get a pretty cool shot (after a ton of photoshop magic) which pretty much sealed the deal with Steve.

I shot about 300 photos of the comedians and burned them on to CD's for them to take with them. One of the comedians Vince Morris told me he would using them on his new website. It was a fun night, and Vince even slipped me some extra cash for shooting him and giving him the images.

All in all, it was a very successful day. One that I really didn't expect, so that is always a good thing. I got some more experience shooting a different genre of photography made some money, and met some cool new people.

I passed out about 10 business cards, and made a contact with a lady who promotes a roller skating rink. She said she would be calling me about shooting that.
I will stop babbling and here are the images from yesterday.

Laughs Wide Shot

Laughs Showroom

Laughs Lounge

The Show

No comments: