Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another day in Miami

The IT contractor came back last night after we had more internet issues, and still claimed that there was nothing wrong with his system. We showed him the problem we were having with our clients VPN, and he claimed that the clients server wasn't responding. I asked him to reboot his router, and magically, as soon as it restarted... the problem was gone.
So, everything smoothed out last night and after a quick drink with the boys I went to bed around 11:00 pm.

Knowing that it was going to be an early day today, I set my 1st alarm for 5:10 am and the hotel clock for 5:15 am. Then I called the front desk and it rang for about 15 rings. I hung up and called back and about 10 more rings someone finally answered. I asked for a wake up call, and then went to sleep. At 5:10 my alarm went off. No wake up call from the hotel.... Nice!
I got up and turned the shower on...No hot water! I let it run for about 15 minutes and still got nothing. Cold showers in Miami at 5:30 in the morning are really no fun.

This morning went rather smoothly after the cold shower. A lot smoother than we were expecting.
The Internet connection seems solid for now, we uploaded the presentations into a live meeting event, and the show is rolling so far without a hitch.

Yesterday in the middle of the meeting that we were doing, the sound of jack hammering filled the room. Loud enough to almost startle the presenter.
When Evan went out side and around to see what was going on, he found a worker with a hammer drill, drilling right into the side of the room we were meeting in. Nice....

So far today, all has been quiet. I hope it lasts.

No comments: