Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Seattle

Villa West Motel

We left Florence Oregon this morning around 8:00 am and headed East from the coast on highway 126. It was about 50 miles from the coast to I-5 and the ride was just absolutely beautiful! There was patches of fog trapped in the trees and the mountains, and the roads were smooth and twisty. We took our time and finally got to I-5 and headed north. We stopped around noon for a quick bite to eat and gas up, and then drove into Seattle around 2:30 pm.

It was very exciting to arrive here for me. I have only been back once since I left here almost two and a half years ago, and it still feels the same.
We checked into the Westin and went to our room on the 39th floor. We have a view of Lake Union, and the hotel had given us a cheese and fruit tray.
We chilled in the room for a while and then went to one of my old friends house for thanksgiving dinner. It was really great to see my friend and after a couple hours there, we left and went to a park up on Queen Anne to take a look at the cityscape and shoot a couple of photos.

Seattle Skyline at night LR

Space Needle at Night 1

No comments: