Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday night

Today Allen and I went to a couple of restaurants and talked to them about photography for their businesses. One of them was a place called The Cellar. The owner is pretty young and unhappy with the photos on his website, so he asked me to come back and talk to him about shooting some for him. I took a couple of shots while I was there, so I can give him something to look at when I go back.

The Cellar Bar wine and glass 2 Cropped

The Cellar Bar

The Cellar Bar wine and glass

Allen had a private gig tonight to drive the lead singer of a band and her husband and friends to and from their gig. They had a big SUV with a DVD player in it, and so I showed up at the gig and took some photos of the band. The bar was very close to our house, so I went home and processed the photos and then made a little slide show DVD and brought it back to Allen so he could show it to them on their ride home after the gig. Rock star treatment for Rock stars!
Allen said that they all freaked out when they got in the car and he rolled the video. It was a fun little project and I learned quite a bit about shooting Rock and Roll in low light. I only took one lens with me into the bar and it was a 50mm 1.8 fixed lens. I really wish a whole bunch of times that I had a wide angle, but I am glad I only had the one lens. It was really low light and having a fast lens made all the difference in the world.
Here is a collage of the shots that came out pretty decent, and HERE is a link to a slide show of the larger versions.

The Ripoffs Collage

No comments: