Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday

I am trying to keep posting mostly because some anonymous commenter said that if I didn't I was letting my readership down.
While that really wouldn't keep me up at night.... I really don't have a great excuse to not blog.
I also really think pretty highly of that anonymous commenter.... So, if writing little stories about my life as slow as it is right now is interesting to anyone... then I will try and write.

Today I went down to Old Europe and was going to update the website www.oldeuropeonline.com with some new info about events that are coming up, but they really weren't very clear about what they wanted up there. So, I took off and drove downtown to Sacramento and looked around for a photo.
Not very inspired, or should I say, not feeling any inspiration, I drove up to the airport and with no top on the Jeep, I thought I would hang out at the end of the runway and shoot some airplanes coming in for a landing. When I found the perfect place, it was 10 feet from a sign that said "No Stopping At Any Time" So, I stopped... took a couple of shots of a plane landing, and then decided to obey the rules before the cops decided to enforce them.

private jet

Then I went to Old Sacramento, and hung out there for a little while, or at least till the change in the meter ran out, and headed back towards Folsom in rush hour traffic.
I stopped in at Old Europe to say hi to Allen, and a friend of mine showed up to talk to Allen about working as a bartender here.
He put my friend right to work, and she seemed very happy about that.

Now the biggest decision of the evening is what will I have for dinner?

Hmmm... Last night I had Swiss Schnitzel which is a favorite. Tonight I am going to have to try something different.

2 comments:

Rick L said...

"When I found the perfect place, it was 10 feet from a sign that said "No Stopping At Any Time" So, I stopped..."
Classic!

Anonymous said...

At least your blog is interesting because you can do something different everyday. Here is how boring my blog would be:

Mon- Go to the office, Do what Steve LaRose used to do.

Tues- Go to the office, Do what Steve LaRose used to do.

Weds-Go to the office, Do what Steve LaRose used to do. Go home, get drunk.

Thurs- Show up to work a little late. Do what Steve LaRose used to do......