Friday, June 13, 2008

Today is my Birthday.. and I am on the road

I got a call after work yesterday from Rick who asked me to come down to the clients office. I went down there, and our client had a birthday cake and a card that everyone had signed and they sang happy birthday. It was very nice of the client... she was really sweet.

We all went out to dinner at Mortons Steakhouse, which was amazing. After some great wine, Colossal Shrimp Cocktail, a Bone-in Chicago Style Ribeye and all the fixin's... I was so stuffed I couldn't move. Everyone was having a great time enjoying each others company, and then the servers came around with some cheesecake. The waiter belted out a solo version of Happy Birthday with a soul kind of vibe. It was really great to be with this group of guys for my birthday.

The next morning however....Everyone was hurting... the combination of the wine and eating sooooo heavy just killed us all.
oh yeah.. and most everyone went from Mortons to the hotel bar to have a nightcap. but not me... I went to sleep, and am I happy that I did!

2 comments:

Paul Haglund said...

Happy Birthday Stud.

Now get back to work!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Steve... Marcin and I will tip one back for our lost homie at the Lava Lounge today!