Friday, May 2, 2008

Heading to Florida

I am once again sitting in the airport in Greensboro at 5:00 am. The alarm went off at 3:30 am and I thought I was in a dream, so I just ignored it, unfortunately, it did not go away.
So, up and out the door by 4:00 am and at the airport by 4:30 parked, checked in. All seems well.
I am headed down to Boca Raton, Florida. The hotel we are working at this time is called the Boca Raton Resort and Club. A real high end place. Except.... I have worked there a number of times, and so have most of the guys, and none of us, not one of us, actually like the place. They have this way about them that makes you feel like you are in their way. I haven't been there in many years, and that is my impression. We shall see if they have changed, but I am pretty sure that it is still the same. One of the techs on the show flew in last night and his report was par for the course, he already had some challenges just getting a non smoking room.

The good news is, that I am only there for one night, and back on a plane tomorrow evening after the show. 
Last time we did this show, it was in NY, at the hotel with the longest room key in the world. I am serious, the card key for the room had to be 6" long. 
In NY, I was audio for the main room, and Matt was audio for the second room. Evan was TD. Evan couldn't make this show, so I am TD this time, and Eric will take my place as A1. Matt is still A1 for the second room. It will be nice to see Matt again. We have only worked together about 5 or 6 times, but I feel like I have known the guy forever. 
Eric is always good for a bunch of laughs, so this should be a pleasant gig. 

No comments: