Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Quick Update

Today is the first day of the show. It is 8:00 am currently, and the show starts at 9:00 am. 
I will be running a break out this morning for an hour, and then playing the role of stage hand in the GS most likely during the afternoon. 
It isn't glamorous, but someone has to do it.

Last night we all worked till about 7:00 - 7:30. Then went to the bar for a drink, and I ended up staying there with Evan and having dinner. There is something about an international club sandwich that is pretty satisfying! I try to have one in every country that I am in. 

The client came down and joined us for a drink. He is really one of the nicest guys that you will ever meet, and he really shows us how much he appreciates the work we do.
I got to bed around 11:00 pm and slept really well. The phone rang at 6:00 am and I woke up with a start feeling like I had overslept and missed my call. I hate that.

The city of Prague really has been wonderful! the photo opportunities have been amazing, and the food is great! We have been taking the Tram, Subway and Cabs to get around the city. Cabs are pretty expensive, but the Subway and Tram is cheap.
It takes about 15 minutes to get downtown, and when you get there, you wander around and see so much cool architecture as well as tons of people enjoying the city.

A bunch of us went to dinner downtown, and when we got off the subway, Rob and I started clicking away. We walked by a church that had just finished the service, and Rob and I jumped in to try and get some photos.
As soon as we started, we were told that the church was closing. So, I begged for just 2 minutes to rocket off a few shots.
The guy wasn't happy about it, but he let me shoot a few, and then Rob and I told the rest of the group that we were going to bail on dinner and just keep shooting. 
The sun was setting and the sky was gorgeous! We shot photos of the St Charles bridge for the next hour or so, and then realized we were completely starving. So, we dived into a Chinese restaurant, and had a great, cheap meal sitting outside.  Took the train back to the hotel, and realized that we had hopped on the wrong train. We jumped off at the next stop, and then finally found a cab which took us all over the city trying to find the hotel. We finally got back around midnight, and crashed.

No comments: